I teamed up with Imagine® Soups and Walmart to bring you this easy, delicious One Pot Meatball Pasta! I’ve been compensated for my time. All opinions are mine alone.
Just like the classic spaghetti and meatballs, this One Pot Meatball Pasta dish is sure to become a family favorite! With the help of Imagine® Creamy Tomato Soup, the sauce is already made for you, but it will taste like it’s been simmering all day.
The whole recipe comes together in 20 minutes or less with just 5 ingredients and one pot.
How do you make this Meatball Pasta recipe?
First, head to Walmart! All the ingredients you need for this recipe can be found there, including Imagine® soups and broths. And all Imagine® soups are organic and use real, non-GMO ingredients (and never MSG). To find Imagine at a local Walmart store and other retailer locations, click here.
Here’s a quick overview of this recipe (full recipe at the bottom of the post):
- Pour the Imagine® Creamy Tomato Soup, water, and Italian seasoning in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add your pasta and meatballs.
- Simmer uncovered until the pasta is al dente and the internal temperature of the meatballs reaches 165 degrees, about 15 minutes.
How do you cook frozen meatballs?
Find fully-cooked frozen, Italian-style meatballs at Walmart to pair well with Imagine® Creamy Tomato Soup. Since these meatballs are already cooked, all you have to do is fully reheat the meatballs to a temperature of 165 degrees.
To accomplish this, once you add the meatballs to the sauce, give them a good stir so that each one is well coated. The heat from the sauce will help to evenly heat the meatballs all the way through.
How do you know when pasta is al dente?
The best way – taste it! Al dente means “to the tooth” or firm to the bite. When you taste it, it should be cooked, yet firm and slightly chewy.
For a visual cue, when you bite into it, the pasta should look cooked around the outside edges, with just a bit of uncooked pasta running through the middle.
How much seasoning can I add?
The base is flavorful from the Imagine® Creamy Tomato Soup. This delightfully creamy, zesty tomato soup is bursting with the garden fresh taste of the finest vine-ripened tomatoes. I also added Italian seasoning for extra flavor!
Here are some other optional ingredients you could add to your soup, if you want to:
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Always salt and pepper to taste!
You could also substitute Imagine® Free Range Chicken Broth for the water in this recipe.
One Pot Meatball Pasta
- 1 (32 ounce) container Imagine® Creamy Tomato Soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound frozen Italian meatballs (about 30 meatballs)
- 1 pound penne pasta or other small pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- In a Dutch oven or large stock pot, bring soup, water, and Italian seasoning to boil. Stir in meatballs and pasta.
- Simmer uncovered until pasta is tender and meatballs reach 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cheese until melted, about 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.