Just like the classic spaghetti and meatballs, this One Pot Meatball Pasta dish is sure to become a family favorite!
The whole recipe comes together in 20 minutes or less with just 5 ingredients and one pot.
How do you make this Meatball Pasta recipe?
Here's a quick overview of this recipe (full recipe at the bottom of the post):
- Pour tomato soup, water, and Italian seasoning in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add your pasta and meatballs.
- Simmer uncovered until the pasta is al dente and the internal temperature of the meatballs reaches 165 degrees, about 15 minutes.
How do you know when pasta is al dente?
The best way - taste it! Al dente means "to the tooth" or firm to the bite. When you taste it, it should be cooked, yet firm and slightly chewy.
For a visual cue, when you bite into it, the pasta should look cooked around the outside edges, with just a bit of uncooked pasta running through the middle.
How much seasoning can I add?
Here are some other optional ingredients you could add to your soup, if you want to:
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Always salt and pepper to taste!
One Pot Meatball Pasta Recipe
- 1 (32 ounce) container Imagine® Creamy Tomato Soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound frozen Italian meatballs (about 30 meatballs)
- 1 pound penne pasta or other small pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- In a Dutch oven or large stock pot, bring soup, water, and Italian seasoning to boil. Stir in meatballs and pasta.
- Simmer uncovered until pasta is tender and meatballs reach 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cheese until melted, about 30 seconds. Serve immediately.