Sometimes I think there are basically two kinds of people in the world: chocolate people and fruit people.
The fruit people might even be broken up into a couple more categories: lemon people and everyone else. Although technically this classic dessert is for everyone, it’s especially for the lemon lovers in your life.
No eggs, no whipped cream, and no oven necessary; this recipe is just smooth, silky, light-as-air lemony goodness. Exactly what you remember from so many years ago.
What is No Bake Cheesecake filling?
Magic! But beyond that, the secret ingredient is lemon Jell-O, which helps keep this lemony delight firm when blended with cream cheese.
How do I avoid a runny cheesecake?
First, make sure that your proportions of Jell-O and cream cheese are correct. Next, chill the crust for at least ten minutes before filling. It’s also very important that the evaporated milk be ice cold. The texture should ideally be mousse-like by the time you spread it into the pan.
Can I make No Bake Lemon Cheesecake with lemon juice?
If you love, love, love, lemon, try substituting some of the water in the recipe with the juice of a lemon, and even add a little lemon zest for extra zing.
Can No Bake Lemon Cheesecake be frozen?
For advance meal preparations, I make individual portion-size mini cheesecakes in their own glass or foil cupcake cups for easier freezing, defrosting and serving. To keep them fresh, I wrap each cheesecake individually before freezing. Lastly, I avoid adding garnishes or toppings to the portions I intend to freeze; they can be added later when I’m ready to serve them.
Can you make No Bake Lemon Cheesecake with eggs?
Because there’s no cooking involved, it’s not recommended to use eggs in this recipe, due to the potential of harmful bacteria in the eggs.
How do you store No Bake Lemon Cheesecake?
As this dessert contains dairy, I recommend storing it in the refrigerator.
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
- 1 box graham crackers crushed (27 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter melted (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
For the filling:
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk chilled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the crust:
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and powdered sugar. Stir to combine.
- Reserve 3/4 cup cracker crumb mixture for topping. Pack the remaining crumbs in a 9-inch by 13-inch pan.
To make the filling:
- Using a standing mixer with the whisk attachment, or using a hand electric mixer, beat evaporated milk until soft peaks form, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, dissolve Jell-O in boiling water and stir until dissolved, about 1 minute. While the liquid is still hot, stir in cream cheese and mix well.
- To the large bowl with the evaporated milk, add sugar, Jell-O mixture, and vanilla and stir until combined. Pour in pan and top with reserved cracker crumbs. Chill at least 30 minutes.