For mushroom lovers, these Mini Mushroom Quiche are your new favorite brunch item! Make ahead/freezer friendly and so easy thanks to store-bought pie crust.
Mini Mushroom Quiche are a great way to add more of your favorite fungi to any menu! These tasty little morsels are easy to make, naturally vegetarian, and so delicious.
And, you can use whatever kind of mushroom (and any kind of cheese!) that you want.
How do you make mini quiches?
These are so easy to make!
- Start with store-bought pie crust and cut out circles
- Lay in the bottom of a mini muffin tin
- Top with mushrooms and cheese, then fill with egg
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes
How do you make a mushroom quiche?
You don't have to cook the mushrooms in advance, just chop them finely and mix with the Swiss cheese.
Then, add a mixture of milk, egg, and salt and pepper go and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
How long does it take to bake mini quiche?
These bake up in 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees. If you freeze them ahead of time, bake them straight from the freezer and add 5 minutes to the baking time.
How do you freeze and reheat mini quiche?
- Using the recipe below, prepare and bake the mini quiches. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Freeze. I recommend freezing individually on a plate or baking sheet until they are solid (about 30 minutes).
- Transfer to a freezer-safe bag.
- Reheat them straight from the freezer, in a 400-degree oven, for 5 to 10 minutes.
Mini Mushroom Quiche Recipe
- 4 pie crusts thawed (homemade or from 2 boxes store-bought)
For the Egg Mixture:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
For the Filling:
- 12 ounces Swiss cheese grated
- 8 tablespoons (4 ounces) mushrooms finely chopped
- Place the pie crust pouches to stand at room temperature about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 48 miniature muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open and unfold one pie crust, and press out any fold lines. With a 2 and 1/2 inch floured biscuit cutter, cut 12 rounds. Repeat with remaining pie crusts. In the prepared muffin cups, press 1 round of pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of the cup.
- In a 4-cup measuring cup, combine the eggs, milk, and the salt. Whisk well. Set aside.
- Place one tablespoon of cheese into each of the muffin cups. Evenly divide the chopped mushroom among the cups, about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Pour egg mixture into each of the 48 cups, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm.