Mini Bacon Quiche
Super simple Mini Bacon Quiche starts with store-bought pie crust. It’s Quiche Lorraine in miniature form and perfect for parties and small hands!
I love my mom’s twist on quiche with bacon: She adds broccoli and she makes it in a cake pan and we all cut squares. It’s so great! We always eat it on Christmas morning, and it’s the best thing ever.
When I make Bacon Quiche, though, I make it in miniature form. That way it’s already pre-portioned (I will assign myself a quantity to consume, such as a baker’s dozen) and the small size is great for my kids.
Can you Freeze Homemade Quiche?
Yes, here’s how you freeze and reheat these mini quiches:
- Bake and cool the mini quiches (cool about 10 minutes).
- Arrange them in a single layer (not touching) on a baking sheet or plate and put them in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once they are frozen solid, transfer to a freezer-safe bag.
- Reheat straight from the freezer (do not thaw) in a 400-degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
How long do you cook frozen mini quiches?
- To reheat frozen mini quiches in the oven, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake straight from the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- To reheat frozen mini quiches in the microwave, arrange 10 or so on a plate. Microwave at 50% power for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Save this Mini Bacon Quiche to your “Party” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Mini Bacon Quiche
Super simple Mini Bacon Quiche starts with store-bought pie crust. It's Quiche Lorraine in miniature form and perfect for parties and small hands!
- 2 (15 ounce) packages refrigerated pie crusts
For the Egg Mixture:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 12 ounces Swiss cheese grated
- 12 slices bacon fried and crumbled
- 8 tablespoons green onion sliced
- Place the pie crust pouches to stand at room temperature about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 48 miniature muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
Open and unfold one pie crust, and press out any fold lines. With a 2 and 1/2 inch floured biscuit cutter, cut 12 rounds. Repeat with remaining pie crusts. In the prepared muffin cups, press 1 round of pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of the cup.
- In a 4-cup measuring cup, combine the eggs, milk, and the salt. Whisk well. Set aside.
Place one tablespoon of cheese into each of the muffin cups. Evenly divide the chopped bacon among the cups, about 1/2 teaspoon. Top with a couple slices of green onion.
- Pour egg mixture into each of the 48 cups, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.