It only takes 4 ingredients to make this easy Margarita Slush! Great for backyard barbecues, pool parties, and summer nights!
After the success of my Pink Lemonade Vodka Slush, I realized the world likes quick and easy slushy drinks made in ice cream pails.
Margaritas were an obvious next choice. Put out a batch (or two!) of these at your next backyard barbecue and let everyone helps themselves. Easiest cocktail ever!
Distilling a margarita down to its essence, I was able to get away with just 4 ingredients:
- Triple Sec
The soda makes the drink sweeter than some margaritas, but in slushy form it just works. Squirt is my favorite (or 50/50 by Wildwood if you’ve ever heard of that), but you can also use Sprite or 7UP.
In lieu of triple sec, you can also substitute an orange liqueur such as Cointreau.
Make this a day or two (or a month or two) in advance and your party-planning is even easier! The slush doesn’t freeze solid like a block of ice, so you don’t really need to thaw it in advance.
The salt rim is optional – many people prefer sugar or nothing at all. Garnish with lemon and lime wedges and drink up!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 cups tequila
- 1 cup triple sec or orange liqueur
- 1 (2L) bottle lemon-lime soda such as squirt, 7UP, or Spirte
- In an empty one-gallon ice cream pail, combine limeade concentrate, tequila, triple sec, and 2 liter bottle of soda. Chill at least 8 hours, overnight, or up to a month in advance.
- Remove from freezer 1 - 2 hours before serving. As the slush melts, it will become easier to scrape and serve.