Part salad, part sandwich, and entirely delicious—that’s the Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap. Hopefully, coming soon to a plate near you!
See ya, slices of bread! Rolled sandwich wrap recipes are must-haves for road trips, school lunches, or picnics. Try the perfected copycat recipe for Costco’s Turkey Roll-Ups, or the light and super healthy Vegetable Tortilla Roll Ups. Oh, but then there’s Taco Tortilla Roll Ups. Decisions, decisions…
This low-carb, high protein sandwich wrap needs little introduction, because everybody already knows and loves it! A Chicken Caesar wrap is one of the most delicious sandwich alternatives around.
Crispy romaine lettuce, tender grilled chicken, creamy Caesar salad dressing, and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese come together to make this chicken wrap the best thing since, well…rolled bread.
Making Grilled Chicken Caesar Wraps for a day at the beach? Don’t forget the potato chips! Click and slide the number next to “servings” on the recipe card below to adjust the ingredients to match how many you’re feeding—the recipe does the math for you, it’s that easy.
How to make Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap:
- Choose your favorite flatbread. It can be gluten-free, low-carb, naan, a tortilla, anything that you and your household want to bite into.
- Then chop up a bunch of washed romaine lettuce.
- Let’s wrap! Place the flatbread on a clean work surface, then spread on a layer of Caesar dressing. Arrange the chicken slices and throw on a big handful of chopped lettuce.
- A little Parmesan cheese over the top, and roll up into a tidy, handheld wrap. Roll up in waxed paper or aluminum foil and pop into the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat.
- A little side of Caesar dressing for dipping between bites wouldn’t hurt, either—just saying.
Are Chicken Caesar Wraps healthy?
Compared to Subway or any fast food places that serve chicken Caesar wraps nearby, making your own meals for lunch or dinner is infinitely better for you, without as many hidden calories and food recalls. Best of all, you can control the ingredients and the portion size in your very own kitchen.
Throwing on a couple extra chicken breasts on the grill to eat during the week is economical, healthier and saves time. This sandwich only takes a minute to assemble, and you’re out the door with a pretty wonderful and healthy lunch that you didn’t have to stand in line for during your lunch hour.
Caesar Wrap without romaine lettuce:
Need a romaine lettuce alternative? In place of romaine lettuce, use chopped kale. Healthy dark green kale tastes best when the salad dressing has a little time to soften the greens, though, so massage the kale in a little dressing beforehand.
Other great lettuces that pack a lot of crunch: green leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, or butterhead lettuces like Bibb or Boston.
How long does a Chicken Caesar Wrap keep?
Stored properly in the refrigerator or a cooler with ice, the sandwich is best eaten within a day or two. However, this all depends on the flatbread and how well the lettuce holds up. They’re best eaten the day they’re made!
How to make a spicy Chicken Caesar Wrap:
Here’s a few different ways to add some heat to the situation…
Add sriracha chili sauce to the Caesar dressing and spread it on the bread.
Marinate the chicken breasts in harissa, a chili paste that has a delicious, slow burn, before grilling.
Chopped pickled red peppers or homemade giardiniera wrapped up in the flatbread for a pickled spicy pop.
Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Working with one at a time or assembling all wraps at once, place flatbread on a flat surface. Spread Caesar dressing in an even layer.
- Top with romaine lettuce, chicken, and Parmesan cheese. Roll tightly, slice in half if desired, and serve. Or, wrap in foil and keep refrigerated until lunch time.