Easy Grape Salad
A recipe for easy Grape Salad. It’s sweet and creamy with loads of fresh grapes and crunchy nuts on top. Ready in just 5 minutes plus chilling time!
Things I adore about the Midwest include the fact that we consider Grape Salad to be exactly that: A salad.
Covered in cream cheese and sugar? Doesn’t matter. 100% a salad.
How to make Grape Salad
Start with chilled red grapes (the sweetest you can find).
The creamy filling is made of cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Make sure your cream cheese is softened so it blends well.
How to soften cream cheese
Unwrap your block of cream cheese completely (discarding the cardboard box and inner foil wrapper). Place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for about 15 seconds per 8 ounces of cream cheese.
How many cups are in a pound of grapes?
1 pound of seedless grapes contains about 2 1/2 cups of grapes.
1 pound of seeded grapes contains about 2 cups of grapes.
How long do you chill grape salad?
Chill grape salad for at least one hour or overnight. Part (or 100%) salad and part dessert, it’s a great make-ahead party and potluck option!
Easy Grape Salad
A recipe for easy Grape Salad. It's sweet and creamy with loads of fresh grapes and crunchy nuts on top. Ready in just 5 minutes plus chilling time!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened (see notes)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 pounds red seedless grapes chilled (about 10 cups)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Carefully fold in the grapes and gently toss until evenly coated. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar and walnuts.
Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on top of the grapes. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight. Serve cold.
- If the cream cheese is not softened to room temperature, the cream cheese and sour cream won't combine well (the mixture will be lumpy). If this happens, stir it quickly with a whisk.