That smoky-sweet Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette you love and crave, now made in your own kitchen with easy pantry ingredients. Your new favorite salad dressing!
“Do you want the vinaigrette on the side?”
They ask this every time I go to Chipotle and order a salad. Little do they know, the vinaigrette on the side is a primary driver to order a salad in the first place.
What is in Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette?
Chipotle’s vinaigrette is made with a combination of red wine vinegar, honey, adobo sauce, spices, and oil.
Chipotle uses Rice Bran oil in all of their recipes. I always substitute olive oil because that’s what I have on hand (you can use any neutral-flavored oil).
First combine all non-oil ingredients in a blender, then drizzle in your oil until it emulsifies. It takes literally one minute once you hit “process” and you’re done.
What is a substitute for adobo sauce?
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (or 1/2 teaspoon each smoked paprika and cayenne powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch EACH of oregano, garlic powder, and salt
Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette Recipe (Copycat)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- Salt to taste (I like 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups olive oil or rice bran oil (see notes)
- In a food processor or blender, combine the vinegar, honey, salt, water, adobo sauce, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper. Turn on the processor.
- With the motor still running, drizzle in the oil until the salad dressing comes together and emulsifies. Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Chipotle uses Rice Bran oil in all of their products. Olive oil is more widely available (probably already in your pantry) and works equally well, especially if it has a neutral taste.
- Adapted from Chipotle's ingredient statement.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.