This Chipotle Guacamole recipe is the real deal. With just seven ingredients and a few minutes, you can enjoy as much Chipotle Guacamole at home as you can mash!
Guacamole is my everything in the world of Mexican food.
It is luscious, creamy, satisfying, filling, and gloriously "a healthy fat." And when it comes to restaurant guacamole, Chipotle's version is my most favorite of all.
And luckily, nothing could be easier to make!
How does Chipotle make their guacamole?
This is exactly how Chipotle does it:
Halve a couple of avocados, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh.
Toss the avocado with lemon and lime juice and add salt. Mash. Then, add finely chopped cilantro, red onion, and jalapeño peppers. Add more salt if desired (I generally desire more salt), and mix it up.
And of course, devour it with tortilla chips!
Is Chipotle Guacamole vegan?
Yes it is! The six ingredients are: Hass avocados, lime juice, salt, red onion, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro. No animal products here!
How long is guacamole good for in the fridge?
Guacamole can last 3 or 4 days in the refrigerator provided you are willing to battle the effects of discoloration via oxidation.
The best ways to ward off the browning of guacamole is:
- Squeeze extra citrus juice over the top of the guacamole.
- Cover with plastic wrap and press the plastic directly on the surface of the guacamole in the bowl.
If all else fails, you can scoop off the brown layer of guacamole and enjoy the bright green happiness beneath!
What do you eat with Guacamole?
Enjoy guacamole on burritos, tacos, sandwiches, wraps, eggs, crackers, salads, burgers, chips... the sky is the limit!
Chipotle Guacamole Recipe (Copycat)
- 2 large Hass avocados halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or table salt
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper including seeds, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados, lemon juice, and lime juice. Toss until evenly coated. Add salt and mash until smooth.
- Stir in onion, cilantro, and peppers. Taste and add more salt if desired. Serve with chips.
- To refrigerate, place in a bowl and press plastic wrap directly on top of the entire surface of the guacamole so no part is exposed to air.