An easy recipe for grilled Fajita Veggies, just like they make at the Chipotle restaurant. Colorful, tender-crisp, and healthy, these grilled veggies are ready in minutes. And you can add in your other favorite vegetables, too!
Life Pro Tip: You can add the grilled fajita veggies to your order at Chipotle any time for no extra charge.
But even better, you can whip up your own giant batch in 15 minutes or less. You can add other quick-cooking vegetables, too (like zucchini, mushrooms, or tomatoes) any time for no extra charge.
The standard version is only 5 ingredients (including olive oil and salt) and so good, you really don’t need anything else.
What are the Fajita Veggies at Chipotle?
Chipotle’s grilled veggies are a mixture of bell peppers and onions with salt and oregano.
- You can use any color of bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, green).
- You can use any color of onions (red, yellow, white).
- You can use fresh or dried oregano (Chipotle uses dried).
- You can use Italian or Mexican oregano (Chipotle uses Mexican).
How do you sauté vegetables for fajitas?
Get the pan really hot, until the oil is shimmering and almost smoking. Add your vegetables and spices and toss quickly in the skillet for 5 to 7 minutes. The vegetables should be tender-crisp and still bright in color.
Chipotle uses rice bran oil, but you can use olive oil (or anything else you like) and toss with finely chopped fresh or dried oregano.
How to Cut Bell Peppers
You probably already know how to cut bell peppers, but just in case you want to see how other people do it, here’s my process:
- Slice off the top and bottom
- Cut the pepper in half
- Remove the seeds
- Cut it into neat little strips.
I find this very therapeutic.
What is in Fajita Seasoning?
I make my own Fajita Seasoning blend with a mix of chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. You can find my exact Fajita Seasoning recipe here.
And if you’re something a little more carnivorous, be sure to check out my Chicken Fajitas recipe!
Find all of the Chipotle Copycat Recipes on this site. Or, click here to subscribe to emails and receive all the recipes in a beautiful mobile-friendly eBook, FREE!
• Chipotle Chicken • Chipotle Steak • Chipotle Barbacoa (beef) • Chipotle Carnitas (pork) •
• Chipotle Sofritas (tofu) • Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice • Chipotle Black Beans • Chipotle Pinto Beans •
• Chipotle Fajita Vegetables • Chipotle Guacamole • Homemade Tortilla Chips •
• Chipotle Tomato Salsa (mild) • Chipotle Corn Salsa (medium) • Chipotle Tomatillo Salsa (medium) •
• Chipotle Hot Salsa (hot) • Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette (salad dressing) •
Fajita Veggies (Chipotle Copycat)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large green peppers stemmed, cored, and sliced
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the peppers, onions, oregano, and salt.
- Heat until slightly softened but still tender-crisp, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.