This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see our affiliate policy.
Skip the pizza delivery! Enjoy these easy, cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Bites hot and fresh from the oven. You’ll want to double the batch!
Most of the recipes on this site are here because I decided to put them here.
But once in a while, I get a fantastic reader suggestion. So when I received an email with the Subject: “This looks like it would be fun to make,” followed by a link to Reddit, I got to work immediately.
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Bites
A standard can of refrigerated (aka “exploding”) biscuits contains 8 biscuits. Cut each one in half, flattening it into a small disk, stuffing it with cheese & pepperoni, and shaping it into a tiny Pizza Surprise ball.
Then, arrange the Pepperoni Pizza Bites balls in a baking dish. I like to brush the tops of the biscuits with garlic butter sauce. For obvious reasons.
Stuff the spaces between with pepperoni, top with cheese, and add some fresh chopped parsley if you like the color green.
These Pizza Bites are perfect for so many reasons:
- They start with exploding biscuits. You know, the cans that pop open.
- Cheese + Pepperoni
- It doesn’t feel like a weekend if there’s no pizza.
- Cheaper than delivery.
- Because it’s [insert sport name] season!
I have adapted the original baking time and temperature, but “until golden brown” is a good rule of thumb here.
Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can refrigerator biscuits halved (8 biscuits, 16 halves)
- 1 (8 ounce) block mozzarella cheese cut into sixteen (½ ounce) pieces
- 40 pieces pepperoni from 6 ounce package
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Marinara sauce for dipping, optional
- Ranch dressing for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter and garlic salt.
- Form each biscuit half into a circle and flatten into a disk. Top with one piece of pepperoni and 1/2-ounce piece of mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the sides of the biscuit up and over the pepperoni and cheese until it is completely covered. Shape into a ball and place in the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining biscuit halves, 15 pepperoni pieces, and mozzarella cheese pieces.
- When all the pizza bites have been formed and placed in the baking dish, arrange the remaining pepperoni (about 24 pieces) between the biscuits.
- Brush with garlic butter, top with the shredded mozzarella cheese, and garnish with parsley if desired.
Meggan Hill is the Executive Chef and CEO of Culinary Hill, a popular digital publication in the food space. She loves to combine her Midwestern food memories with her culinary school education to create her own delicious take on modern family fare. Millions of readers visit Culinary Hill each month for meticulously-tested recipes as well as skills and tricks for ingredient prep, cooking ahead, menu planning, and entertaining. She graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the iCUE Culinary Arts program at College of the Canyons.