Simple and refreshing, these Cheese and Fruit Skewers make a quick snack for summer, after school, or for any party! Colorful and kid-friendly, too.
When I keep my refrigerator stocked with fruit and cheese, I know my children won't starve.
I can encourage them to eat broccoli, lentils, and brown rice all day long, but at the end of the day, I know they will eat fruit and cheese.
Just set out this platter and watch it disappear.
And if you think Cheese and Fruit Skewers are just for kids, you are sorely mistaken. Add some wine or sparkling water and watch the Happiest Hour happen.
Roth Original Havarti Skewers with Strawberries and Watermelon
Roth's extra-creamy Original Havarti is made from the best ingredients and local Wisconsin farmers. So great with fresh ripe strawberries and watermelon! I used these cutters to make stars and hearts, but cubes are just as good!
Roth Prairie Sunset® Skewers with Apples and Raspberries
I discovered Roth Prairie Sunset® cheese on my Wisconsin cheese tour this past May and I was immediately smitten. It feels familiar yet tastes sweet and delicious. Pairing it with tart apples and juicy raspberries was easy enough. The hard part was not eating ALL the Prairie Sunset® by itself!
Roth Van Gogh® Original Gouda Skewers with Peaches and Blackberries
I love how fresh and mild the Roth Van Gogh® Original Gouda is! Pair it sweetly and perfectly with juicy peaches and blackberries for your new favorite skewer combo.
If you really want to move the needle on the Skewer Situation, drizzle it with honey. YOU'RE WELCOME. (Mint leaves are optional and just for color).
Cheese and Fruit Skewer Recipe
For the Roth Original Havarti skewers:
- 16 strawberries
- 8 ounces Roth Original Havarti cheese cubed (about 16 pieces)
- 16 pieces watermelon
For the Roth Prairie Sunset® skewers:
- 1 tart green apple chopped (16 pieces)
- 8 ounces Roth Prairie Sunset® cheese cubed (about 16 pieces)
- 16 red raspberries
For the Roth Van Gogh® Original Gouda skewers:
- 1 large peach chopped (16 pieces)
- 8 ounces Roth Van Gogh® Original Gouda cheese cubed (about 16 pieces)
- 16 blackberries
- Mint leaves optional
- Honey optional
- To assemble the Roth Original Havarti skewers, thread a strawberry on a skewer. Follow with a cube of cheese and a piece of watermelon. Repeat with all remaining ingredients to make 16 skewers.
- To assemble the Roth Prairie Sunset® skewers, thread an apple on a skewer. Follow with a cube of cheese and a raspberry. Repeat with all remaining ingredients to make 16 skewers.
- To assemble the Roth Van Gogh® Original Gouda skewers, thread a peach on a skewer. Follow with a cube of cheese and a blackberry. Repeat with all remaining ingredients to make 16 skewers.
- Arrange all skewers on a large platter (or serve in batches). Garnish with mint leaves and drizzle with honey if desired.