Simple and refreshing, these Cheese and Fruit Skewers make a quick snack for summer, after school, or for any party! Colorful and kid-friendly, too.
When I keep my refrigerator stocked with fruit and cheese, I know my children won't starve.
I can encourage them to eat broccoli, lentils, and brown rice all day long, but at the end of the day, I know they will eat fruit and cheese.
Just set out this platter and watch it disappear.
And if you think Cheese and Fruit Skewers are just for kids, you are sorely mistaken. Add some wine or sparkling water and watch the Happiest Hour happen.
Havarti with Strawberries and Watermelon
Havarti is so great with fresh ripe strawberries and watermelon! I used these cutters to make stars and hearts, but cubes are just as good!
Cheddar with Apples and Raspberries
Cheddar and apples are natural friends, and the extra pop of flavor and color from the raspberries is perfect.
Gouda with Peaches and Blackberries
Gouda pairs sweetly and perfectly with juicy peaches and blackberries for your new favorite skewer combo.
If you really want to move the needle on the Skewer Situation, drizzle it with honey. YOU'RE WELCOME. (Mint leaves are optional and just for color).
Cheese and Fruit Skewer Recipe
- 16 strawberries
- 8 ounces havarti cheese cubed (about 16 pieces)
- 16 pieces watermelon
- 1 tart green apple chopped (16 pieces)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese cubed (about 16 pieces)
- 16 red raspberries
- 1 large peach chopped (16 pieces)
- 8 ounces gouda cheese cubed (about 16 pieces)
- 16 blackberries
- Mint leaves optional
- Honey optional
- To assemble the cheddar skewers, thread an apple on a skewer. Follow with a cube of cheese and a raspberry. Repeat with all remaining ingredients to make 16 skewers.
- Arrange all skewers on a large platter (or serve in batches). Garnish with mint leaves and drizzle with honey if desired.