I’ve teamed up with ALDI to bring you my take on their Caprese Shrimp Fonduta recipe plus lots of information on their Award Winning Wines and pairing ideas. I’ve been compensated for my time. All opinions are mine alone.
Creamy, cheesy, Caprese Shrimp Fonduta! This hot baked dip with tomatoes, pesto, and lots of mozzarella is a must-make for the holidays.
Shopping and planning for the holidays has never been easier. Or more affordable.
Whether you’re planning a cocktail party with friends or a full-blown Christmas Feast, you’ll want this Caprese Shrimp Fonduta on the menu. It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s DELICIOUS, and you can get everything you need for it at ALDI.
ALDI sent me a Wine Tasting Kit which features six Award-Winning Wines with pairing instructions.
Using the kit, I was able to go to ALDI and find all the wines they suggested plus everything I need to make coordinating recipes. Below are the ingredients for the Caprese Shrimp Fonduta.
This recipe, adapted from an ALDI test kitchen recipe, was suggested by official ALDI Sommelier Leslee Miller specifically to go with their 2015 Chairé Blanc De Blancs which was named a Beverage Tasting Institute World Wine Champion.
A fine pairing indeed!
This Sparkling Wine is perfect for cutting through the richness of all the cheese in the Fonduta (and I added even MORE cheese than the original recipe called for because, well, more is more when it comes to cheese). Serve with Toasted Baguette slices or Clancy’s Original Tortilla Chips.
Find all these ingredients and more are at your local ALDI! (Prices may vary due to state and local laws.)
Caprese Shrimp Fonduta
- 1/2 cup Chef's Cupboard Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Priano Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves chiffonade, plus more leaves for garnish
- 12 ounces Sea Queen Jumbo Raw Shrimp thawed, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces Priano Fresh Mozzarella Cheese divided and torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup Countryside Creamery Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Priano Pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Sea Salt
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered lengthwise
- 1 Specially Selected French Baguette sliced on the bias and toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat an oven-safe skillet or 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, add bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, butter, and basil and toss to combine.
- In a large bowl, add shrimp, half the mozzarella, cream, pesto, and salt. Add half the parmesan mixture and toss to combine.
- In the bottom of prepared skillet, add tomatoes. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan mixture. Arrange remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with basil leaves. Serve with toasted baguette slices.