Brandy Slush Recipe
This sweet and boozy Brandy Slush recipe is a Midwestern classic! Make it ahead for parties or keep it on hand in your freezer indefinitely. Watch the video below to see how easy it is!
If you liked the Pink Lemonade Vodka Slush I posted a few weeks ago, you are going to love this Brandy Slush Recipe.
I don’t have as many memories from childhood of this one, and I have never cared for brandy. So, you can imagine my DELIGHT when I realized this is the best drink I have ever had.
As my mom says, it’s “putzy” to make but totally worth it. And it’s not really “putzy.” It’s just a little more work than the Pink Lemonade version.
You start by steeping some tea bags (green tea is popular, black tea is also very delicious).
Stir in sugar, then pour into a 1-gallon plastic ice cream pail (or a similarly sized freezer-safe container) with some frozen juice concentrates, more water, and of course, brandy.
Serve the Brandy Slush with lemon-lime soda (if you want to be traditional) or sparkling water (if you are hoping to have a couple of cheeseburgers or pizzas with your Brandy Slush).
Make this ahead – WAY ahead. A month in advance, if you want. The only exposure to risk is, by the time your party arrives, the Brandy Slush might be gone.
Yep, it’s that good.
Save this Brandy Slush Recipe to your “Drinks” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Brandy Slush Recipe
- 7 cups water divided
- 4 black or green tea bags
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
- 2 cups brandy
- sparkling water or lemon-lime soda for serving
- lemon and orange wedges for garnish, optional
- Bring 2 cups water to boil. Add tea bags and steep 3 to 5 minutes. Discard bags and stir in sugar until dissolved.
- In a 1 gallon plastic ice cream pail or other container, combine remaining 5 cups water, sweetened tea, both frozen juice concentrates, and brandy. Freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, add 1/2 cup Brandy Slush to a glass. Top with sparkling water or lemon-lime soda. Garnish with orange and lemon wedges if desired.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.