Boursin Mashed Potatoes
Hate peeling potatoes? Love Boursin cheese? These easy, creamy Boursin Mashed Potatoes are the taters of your dreams. A Blue Bayou (Disneyland) copycat.
Back in December, we visited Disneyland as our Family Christmas Present. I highly recommend Disneyland on a Wednesday, the week before Christmas! The rides had short or completely non-existent lines all morning, and we were able to knock out our must-ride list before lunch. And then on to lunch!
Wanting a chance at a leisurely meal, I had made a reservation at the Blue Bayou. CJ blissfully fell asleep before our Gumbo arrived, and my husband Jim and I enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribbean sounds and scenery while devouring deep-fried Monte Cristo sandwiches and Boursin Mashed Potatoes.
The Monte Cristo sandwich was mouth-watering, deep-fried, and served with a trio of delicious dipping sauces. I need to get it on the blog, ASAP! But in meantime, I also wanted to make the Boursin Mashed Potatoes that we so happily substituted for the fruit skewer in our meal.
Sometimes its hard to pin down what kind of mashed potatoes Jim really likes, but there were no question marks with the Boursin Mashed Potatoes. Instant hit.
Raise your hands if you love peeling potatoes.
No? You in the back? Not so much?
I actually don’t mind peeling potatoes, but I will still take the option of NOT peeling them if given the chance. Disneyland, like many steakhouses, offers mashed potatoes with skins mixed in, so why can’t I? Of course I can. To keep things tender skin-wise, I chose baby potatoes with thin skins that mashed up easily. I also pulled out some of the largest pieces of potato skin by hand, just the ones that caught my eye. It’s an optional step that you can easily skip.
I proceeded with butter and milk as I would with normal mashed potatoes, and when I had a uniform consistency, I folded in the Boursin Cheese. Lots of flavor, richness, and deliciousness comes in that little package of Boursin goodness. It seems made for mashed potatoes! Add salt to taste and serve.
Watch the Boursin Mashed Potatoes disappear faster than you can say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
Save this Boursin Mashed Potatoes to your “Side Dishes” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Boursin Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds red-skinned baby potatoes scrubbed
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, melted
- 1/2 cup half and half or milk hot
- 1 (5.2 ounce) package Garlic and Fine Herbs Boursin Cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced, for garnish
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan or stock pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are softened, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well and return to the pot.
- Add butter to the potatoes in the pot and mash until all the potatoes are broken up. Remove any large pieces of skin if desired.
- Add milk and continue mashing until a desired consistency is reached. Fold in Boursin Cheese and 1 tsp. salt (or more to taste) until uniformly combined.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
Inspired by the Blue Bayou at Disneyland Resort.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.