Inspired by all the crazy ideas I’ve seen over the years, my Bacon and Eggs Bloody Mary combines homemade bloody mary mix, crispy bacon, and deviled eggs. This brunch superstar is now a completely breakfast!
I have always loved a good Bloody Mary.
Sometimes we call a Bloody Mary “the whole meal.” In the cocktail world, this certainly seems true. What other drink is loaded up with celery stalks, carrot sticks, pickles, olives, lemon slices, lime twists, and the occasional cheese cube or salami roll? It’s like a salad bar at the bar.
So I decided to help the Bloody Mary live up to its legend as a Complete Meal. Breakfast is served.
How do you make a good Bloody Mary?
First make your own homemade Bloody Mary Mix! My version is mostly pantry ingredients and blends up in a minute or two.
The unpredictability of fresh tomatoes led me to whole, canned tomatoes. Many of the flavors and spices here are familiar although I added a few layers of heat with horseradish, hot pepper sauce, and Sriracha.
Make this ahead and chill it the night before. One less thing to prepare the next morning! (I add the vodka right before serving).
Bacon and Eggs Bloody Mary
Obviously all the fun is happening in the garnish department.
You can use pre-cooked bacon if you want to save time (just zap it in the microwave for a few seconds per slice).
I used Jumbo-sized eggs so there would be maximum real estate for skewering and my favorite Deviled Eggs recipe. Toothpicks couldn’t provide the size and stability I needed to skewer the eggs, so I settled on a cocktail straw instead.
If you only have one drink at your next brunch, let this Bacon and Eggs Bloody Mary be it. Now you don’t even have to cook! Unless you count microwaving the fully cooked bacon.
Bacon and Eggs Bloody Mary Recipe
For the Bloody Mary Mix:
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole plum tomatoes, undrained
- 1 celery stalk coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teapsoon Sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
For the drinks:
- 1 lemon halved, for rimming glasses
- Seasoned salt for rimming glasses
- 1 cup vodka or gin
- Ice for serving
- 8 deviled eggs skewered on cocktail straws
- 8 strips cooked bacon
To make the Bloody Mary MIx:
- To make the Bloody Mary Mix, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a non-reactive container and chill at least 30 minutes or overnight.
To assemble the drinks:
- To prepare the glasses, rub the rims of 4(8 ounce) glasses with lemon halves. Scatter the seasoned salt in a shallow bowl or plate and dredge each rim. Fill each glass with ice.
- In a large pitcher, combine Homemade Bloody Mary Mix and 1 cup vodka or gin. Divide among the glasses. Garnish with deviled eggs and bacon strips and serve.