Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Chicken seasoned with fresh rosemary. It’s prepped in minutes with only 3 ingredients and then baked to juicy perfection! So easy!
It’s as good as it sounds. Chewy Bacon and fragrant chopped rosemary are layered under the skin of chicken breast and baked. What I love about this recipe is the prep work can be done in advance and both this and my Rosemary Roasted Vegetables recipe can bake simultaneously at the same temperature for the same amount of time! Brilliant! It’s all done at once.
- 4 split bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 slices of bacon, halved
- 1 T. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 T. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with a silicone mat.
- Arrange chicken on prepared sheet. Slide hand under skin to loosen but keep attached. Wrap two pieces of bacon under the skin of each chicken.
- Divide chopped rosemary and scatter on top of bacon, beneath skin. Carefully pull skin to cover filling. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken breasts and rub to coat evenly. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, until skin is lightly browned and internal temperature reaches 165° F.