Click here for a PDF of this recipe: Potato Gnocchi with Peas and Prosciutto
Potato Gnocchi with Peas and Prosciutto
Weight Watchers PointsPlus®: 10
16 oz. frozen potato gnocchi
1 T. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1/4 pound prosciutto, chopped
1 1/2 c. frozen peas, thawed
1 c. chicken broth
1 T. butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown; remove and discard.
- Add the prosciutto and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Then, add the peas and chicken broth and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the butter and continue to cook over low heat, stirring until thickened into a sauce; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked gnocchi and stir until evenly coated with sauce. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.