Grilled Pork Chops with Honey-Jalapeno Marinade
Grilled Pork Chops flavored with a sweet and spicy honey-jalapeno marinade, an easy summer meal ready in just 20 minutes!
I don’t know what’s worse: Cooking indoors at the risk of heating up my house, or standing outside at the grill in the current HEAT WAVE.
If I have pork chops on hand, the answer is simple.
A stack of succulent pork chops flavored in Honey-Jalapeno Marinade.
By the way, if there was ever a contest for marinade names, I think Honey-Jalapeno would win.
Along with honey and jalapenos, I added a bunch of other flavors to the marinade that are great with pork: Lemons, thyme, garlic, and paprika. Good stuff.
You can marinade the pork up to a day in advance in the refrigerator. Just bring it to room temperature before throwing it on your grill.
And speaking of grills, my preferred grill is this one by Weber. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that other grills may have, but it’s a solid model that does it’s job perfectly. I use it several times per week for one reason or another and I just love it. I highly recommend it.
Serve these delicious pork chops on a bed of rice or with grilled vegetables. Some salsa isn’t a bad idea, either!
Stay cool, friends. I’m near that Southern California wildfire that is currently raging, although I’m not in the danger zone. I can see the smoke from my house. Here’s hoping they get that under control soon.
Save these Grilled Pork Chops to your “Main Dishes” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Grilled Pork Chops with Honey-Jalapeño Marinade
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds bone-in pork chops
- In a large zipper-top plastic bag, add oil, lemon zest and juice, honey, garlic, jalapeño, thyme, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mash to combine.
- Add the pork chops and rub until evenly coated. Marinade for up 2 hours at room temperature, turning occasionally, or in the refrigerator overnight. If refrigerated, remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan. Grill the chops directly over medium-high heat, turning often, until well browned, about 3 to 4 minutes total. Transfer to a medium-low heat part of the grill or grill pan and cover, cooking until the chops register 155°F on an internal thermometer, about 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Transfer the chops to a platter and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let the chops rest 3 to 5 minutes before serving.