Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
These Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies have no flour but all of the best flavors that make up a peanut butter cookie!
My first thought was… cookies will be tolerable but not preferable if they are made without flour. After all, flour is a key component to a good cookie, right? Wrong. As these Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies prove, when you strip out the flour, you are left with the best part – indeed, the ESSENCE – of the cookie.
Peanut butter… brown sugar… vanilla… these are the best flavors of the cookie. After all, how often do you hear someone talking about the flavor of flour? “I’d like a flour-flavored milk shake, please.” Never going to happen. But peanut butter? Brown sugar? Vanilla? Yes. Yes, indeed. So a cookie that strips out the filler and focuses on the flavor? Dynamite!
My recipe for Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies is adapted from a similar recipe with chocolate chips developed by my friend Ala over at WallflourGirl. Ala is inspirational in many ways, her delicious recipes being just one facet of her gloriousness. I had the pleasure of meeting her this summer while she was interning at a company where my husband works and we became fast friends. Ala has now launched a new venture which I am proud to share with all of you: An Etsy shop where her delicious treats are available for purchase.
As fun as it is to read food blogs and stare at mouth-watering recipes all day, it is even better to dive into a box of goodies right in front of you! That’s where Ala comes in. Based on the most recipes on her blog, Ala has a host of treats available for order including brownies, cookies, homemade granola, and her own snack mix! Please check out her Etsy shop to get your tummy growling!
As a special thank-you, Ala is giving the readers of Culinary Hill a 10% off coupon code on any purchase you make between now and October 31st, 2014. Just enter THANKSFORREADING at checkout at her Etsy shop and get an instant discount on your personalized order!
Want to earn even more discounts? Refer a friend or family member, then enter the coupon code FRIENDS at checkout to receive 20% off your next purchase. You can use this code every time you make a referral, so refer away!
And finally, I am delighted to invite you to participate in a Giveaway for Ala’s Sampler Box, all the best of her Etsy shop! Thank you, Ala, for generously giving away your treats.
Save this Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies to your “Desserts” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Yield: 18 cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg, at room temperature and lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, egg, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Stir until uniformly combined and smooth.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Press down lightly on each mound to flatten slightly. Make a criss-cross pattern with fork tines if desired.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly golden and firm around the edges but still soft in the middle. Cool at least 5 minutes on baking sheets to set before removing to a cool rack to cool completely.