Chicken and Rice Samosas
I’ve teamed up with EatingWell™ frozen entrées to bring you these fast and easy Chicken and Rice Samosas. I have been compensated for my time. All opinions are mine alone.
Indian Inspired Chicken and Rice makes a great filling for Samosas! Make these deep-fried curry-flavored appetizers with wonton wrappers and serve with homemade cilantro mint sauce.
I love eating Indian food wayyyyyyyy more than I love making it. It seems so much more complicated than, say, whipping up a batch of Fried Rice.
So when EatingWell™ frozen entrées reached out about their new frozen entrées, I immediately requested the Indian Inspired Chicken. I couldn’t wait to try it AND turn it into my favorite Indian appetizer, Samosas.
Finally, delicious Indian food on standby for all my cravings and deep-frying ambitions!
If you’ve never had a samosa before, they are basically little pockets of curry-flavored filling. They are traditionally made with potato and vegetables.
My version is made with chicken, rice, and vegetables. I just heated the Indian Inspired Chicken and used it as my filling for wonton wrappers. It’s basically 2-ingredient Samosas! So easy.
All EatingWell™ frozen entrées are made from whole grains, lots of vegetables, high-quality proteins, and without preservatives or artificial colors.
And obviously these Samosas were BEYOND delicious. My 22-month old ate 4 pieces herself in one fell swoop. I was able to make about 16 – 18 Samosas from one meal.
Quick before I forget, I made a dipping sauce. It’s totally up to you – spicy ketchup or chutney make great off-the-shelf dipping options. But if you want something really spectacular, try my Cilantro Mint Dipping sauce. Just blend a handful of fresh ingredients and you’re done!
Look for EatingWell Indian Inspired Chicken, and many other varieties, near you! They are great for quick meals or for your next batch of Samosas.
Save these Chicken and Rice Samosas to your “Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Chicken and Rice Samosas
Yield: 8 (2 pieces each)
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- Vegetable or peanut oil for deep-frying
- 1 EatingWell™ Indian Inspired Chicken frozen entrée
- 16 square wonton wrappers
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cilantro Mint Sauce, chutney, or ketchup for serving, optional
- In Dutch oven or heavy stock pot, heat 1 inch oil to 375 degrees. Line plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heatIndian Inspired Chicken frozen entrée according to package directions and stir to combine.
- On a clean flat surface, arrange 8 wonton wrappers. Whisk together egg and water. Brush edges of wonton wrappers with egg.
- Place 1 scant tablespoon filling on wonton wrapper. Immediately fold opposite corner over to make a triangle pouch. Press seams to seal well. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Fry Samosas in batches of 4 for 1 to 2 minutes, until the wrapper is browned and puffy. Immediately drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Let oil return to 375 degrees before repeating with remaining samosas. Serve immediately with Cilantro Mint Dipping sauce, spicy ketchup, or chutney if desired.