Caprese Shrimp Fonduta
I’ve teamed up with ALDI to bring you my take on their Caprese Shrimp Fonduta recipe plus lots of information on their Award Winning Wines and pairing ideas. I’ve been compensated for my time. All opinions are mine alone.
Creamy, cheesy, Caprese Shrimp Fonduta! This hot baked dip with tomatoes, pesto, and lots of mozzarella is a must-make for the holidays.
Shopping and planning for the holidays has never been easier. Or more affordable.
Whether you’re planning a cocktail party with friends or a full-blown Christmas Feast, you’ll want this Caprese Shrimp Fonduta on the menu. It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s DELICIOUS, and you can get everything you need for it at ALDI.
Including all the award-winning Wines you can drink!
ALDI sent me a Wine Tasting Kit which features six Award-Winning Wines with pairing instructions.
Using the kit, I was able to go to ALDI and find all the wines they suggested plus everything I need to make coordinating recipes. Below are the ingredients for the Caprese Shrimp Fonduta.
This recipe, adapted from an ALDI test kitchen recipe, was suggested by official ALDI Sommelier Leslee Miller specifically to go with their 2015 Chairé Blanc De Blancs which was named a Beverage Tasting Institute World Wine Champion.
A fine pairing indeed!
This Sparkling Wine is perfect for cutting through the richness of all the cheese in the Fonduta (and I added even MORE cheese than the original recipe called for because, well, more is more when it comes to cheese). Serve with Toasted Baguette slices or Clancy’s Original Tortilla Chips.
I also picked up a bottle of ALDI exclusive wine, Broken Clouds Pinot Noir, which was recently named #22 on the Wine Enthusiast Magazine’s Top 100 Best Buy Wines for 2016. Well done, ALDI!
A good Pinot Noir is my go-to any day of the week. Friday night Pizza goes with Pinot. Special Sunday Dinner goes with Pinot. For this award winner, I decided to go all out with my favorite Beef Bourguignon recipe. The beef roasts low and slow until it just melts apart. I made this one in a slow cooker.
I’m thinking Christmas Dinner.
ALDI also has an award-winning Broken Clouds Chardonnay. Following the tips in the Wine Kit, I paired this one with my favorite Pork Burger.
It’s topped with a Feta Cheese, Whole Grain Mustard, and Mayonnaise Spread. AND pickled beets.
I know you think I’m crazy, but this combination is just magical. And the Chardonnay is perfection.
I have endless ideas of how to pair ALDI wines with food.
Watch for an upcoming Fig Spread Grilled Cheese to go with the Outlander Meritage Red Wine and a seared Tilapia with a white wine and shallot butter sauce (aka Buerre Blanc) to go with the Kelly’s Crossing Sauvignon Blanc.
Yes, all these and more are at your local ALDI! (Prices may vary due to state and local laws.)
Save this Caprese Shrimp Fonduta to your “Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Caprese Shrimp Fonduta
Yield: 8 servings (2 slices each)
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1/2 cup Chef's Cupboard Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Priano Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil leaves (chiffonade) plus more leaves for garnish
- 12 ounces Sea Queen Jumbo Raw Shrimp, thawed, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces Priano Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, divided and torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup Countryside Creamery Heavy Whippig Cream
- 1/4 cup Priano Pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Sea Salt
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 Specially Selected French Baguette, sliced on the bias and toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat an oven-safe skillet or 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, add bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, butter, and basil and toss to combine.
- In a large bowl, add shrimp, half the mozzarella, cream, pesto, and salt. Add half the parmesan mixture and toss to combine.
- In the bottom of prepared skillet, add tomatoes. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan mixture. Arrange remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with basil leaves. Serve with toasted baguette slices.