Baked Lime Tortilla Chips
Baked Lime Tortilla Chips bake up crunchy and delicious in 10 minutes. Dip into salsa or guacamole, or try endless variations for dessert or snacking.
Craving something salty? Me too. I avoid having chips and other unhealthy snacks around the house to save money, calories, and food waste (yeah right, as if those Doritos will EVER go uneaten!). But sometimes, you just need a good, salty crunch. Luckily, you can whip up your own Baked Lime Tortilla Chips in a flash. Serve with my Black Bean Salsa or Chipotle-Style Guacamole and never go back to store-bought chips again.
The lime juice here is totally optional. In fact, you can do all sorts of things to customize these chips. In the mood for some dessert? Use cinnamon and sugar instead and eat them with fruit salsa (or even frosting). Or, top with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese and dip into some marinara sauce or artichoke dip. Need a dipper for hummus? Squeeze fresh lemon juice and top with a dash of smoked paprika.
I like to use Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas. They bake up nice and crispy. If you are using flour tortillas, consider cutting each tortilla int 8 wedges instead, and extend the baking time to 12 minutes.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 24 corn tortillas (extra thin)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 lime, halved
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or use a silicone mat.
- Brush each tortilla lightly with olive or use an olive oil spray.
- Stack corn tortillas together and cut into wedges (6 wedges per tortilla).
- Spread tortilla wedges in a single layer on baking sheet. Squeeze lime juice over the tortilla wedges and sprinkle to taste with salt.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.