Homemade Tortilla Chips
Bake your own Homemade Tortilla Chips in 10 minutes! Extra thin tortillas ensure crunchy snacks every time, perfect for salsa and guacamole.
Craving something salty? Me too.
Luckily, you can bake up your own Homemade Tortilla Chips in just 10 minutes! These are so good, you might never go back to store-bought.
Extra Thin Tortillas
The first step to crunchy Homemade Tortilla Chips is to use extra-thin tortillas.
The best ones I’ve found are Mission brand. Here is a link to them on Amazon for viewing purposes only; I definitely suggest you buy them locally. I’ve seen them at Target, Walmart, and Ralph’s.
I suggest baking the tortilla chips for 10 minutes, rotating halfway. Under bake them, and they’ll come out chewy. Over bake them, and they’ll start to scorch.
If after 10 minutes they still seem chewy, put them in for a minute longer or so. Just keep a close eye on them. If they appear scorched, they will probably still taste great. I certainly think so. So don’t sweat it.
I’m obsessed with Chipotle’s tortilla chips, so I made mine with a spritz of lime and a sprinkle of salt. If you love as much as I do, go for coarse. Nothing makes me happier than seeing giant granules of salt on my tortilla chips.
You can also put your Homemade Tortilla Chips to use in other ways:
- Top with cinnamon and sugar and serve with Fruit Salsa.
- Top with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese and dip into some Marinara Sauce or Spinach Dip.
- Top with lemon juice and paprika and dip into Hummus or this Mediterranean Layer Dip.
And let’s not forget Salsa! Please see below the recipe for some of my favorite salsa options (and guacamole, too!)
Save these Homemade Tortilla Chips to your “Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Yield: 12 servings
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 24 extra-thin corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, halved
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set out two large nonstick baking sheets.
- Brush tortillas on one side with olive oil and arrange in stacks of 6. Cut each stack into 6 wedges.
- Spread tortilla wedges in a single layer on baking sheets and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking time. Remove from oven and immediately squeeze lime juice over chips.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.